Manhattan Apartment Rental Info
Midtown West (Manhattan Apartments) Neighborhood Information for Apartment Renters
- Midtown West
Perhaps best known for Times Square and New York's famed Broadway theater district, the area is nothing if not colorful. The original residential neighborhood of Midtown West, known as Clinton, has streets lined with pre-war walk-ups as well as new, high-rise luxury buildings. NoFeeRentDirect.com gives you access to the best rental options in the neighborhood.
This is a bustling area, filled with tourists and what's left of the X-rated businesses. New restaurants and bars compliment the traditional bodegas and delis. The new Time Warner Towers have introduced the neighborhood's first suburban-style supermarket, making Midtown West the envy of the city.
- Age Group
- 0—17 (10%), 18—44 (55%), 45—64 (25%), Over 65 (10%)
- Singles / Families
- Families tend to congregate on the western edge of the neighborhood, while singles are everywhere.
- Types of Housing
- Walk-ups remain in the older areas farthest west. New high-rises are being built as fast as the permit process allows.
- Typical Price Range
- Studios: $1500—$2500, 1 Bedroom: $1800—$2700, 2 Bedrooms: $2300—$4000
- Transportation to Midtown/Downtown
- Almost everything comes together at Times Square and the Port Authority.
- Estimated Commuter time to arrival in NYC
- To midtown: 5 mins, To downtown: 15 mins
Complete demographic information on these neighborhoods is available here.
Manhattan Apartment Rentals
- Battery Park City
- Midtown East
- East Village
- Midtown West
- East Harlem
- Morningside Heights
- Murray Hill
- Greenwich Village
- Hamilton Heights
- Upper East Side
- Upper West Side
- Lower East Side
- Wall Street
- Washington Heights