NoFeeRentDirect.com Answers Your Apartment Rental Concerns
The top 6 questions about our NY Apartment and New Jersey Apartment rental service taken from a poll of 400 customers (click the question to see the answer):
I thought your apartments are "no fee." How can you charge me a fee and call yourself "no fee"?
"No fee" is a term we use in the New York City rental business to indicate that we don't charge a broker's fee for you to rent an apartment. In New York, before the internet, the only way to find an apartment was to use a broker who would charge you a fee equal to just under two month's of rent. Now, in the internet age, you have a choice. There are still brokers you can use and you'll still pay the same hefty fee; almost two month's of rent. Or you can use NoFeeRentDirect.com and save yourself thousands of dollars on your rental.
For 20 years ago, NoFeeRentDirect.com changed the rental business by helping renters to skip the broker and the broker's fee. We provide the same listings information about apartment vacancies that brokers have. But with our collected information and easy organization, you can find your new apartment on your own. In addition, we offer many aids that a broker would never share with you:
- 24/7 access to the NoFeeRentDirect.com website so you can always see the changing list of apartment vacancies that fit your search needs.
- Expert NoFeeRentDirect Advisors who can help tailor your search so you can focus on just the apartments that suit you and your budget
- Customer Support Dept. that will answer all your questions and help you modify your search at any time
- Constant email Alerts to let you know instantly when we have a new vacancy that fits your search needs
- Maps, subway information, photographs of buildings and neighborhood street views on most of the apartment listings
- The service charge also insures that you have access to expert NoFeeRentDirectAdvisors to help on any rental related questions you may have.
For all this help, we charge a one-time subscription charge. It is the only charge you will ever pay NoFeeRentDirect.com.
There are lots of "no fee" apartment websites. I think I can find an apartment on my own.
Why should I pay a service charge to NoFeeRentDirect.com?
Yes, we know about the other "no fee" sites as well. But we bring a few things to the party that they don't:
- Our reputation for quality listings information that is continually updated
- Our comprehensive Customer Support information. When you need our help, you will get it. When you have questions, we give full and complete answers.
- We weed out the broker listings and the scams. In just over 20 years, we have never had a scam run on NoFeeRentDirect.com subscribers.
- We have a wealth of experience in the apartment rental business to share with you. Over 30 years worth.
- The whole world knows that the free websites don't update their listings. They don't need to. But we do. That's how we compete against "free". By giving you a higher level of service and more up-to-date listings information.
- At NoFeeRentDirect.com, we have business relationships going back 30 years with small, special landlords as well as with the big landlords. We have a full-time Listings Department who update almost 4,000 landlords every week and who verify the accuracy of the apartment information. These landlords own over 6000 apartments in 130 neighborhoods in the city, and North New Jersey. NoFeeRentDirect.com prides itself in having the most current, reliable, and valuable listings of any NYC rental business.
Why do you charge more than the other "no fee" websites?
We charge more than other "no fee" sites because we're worth it. We provide much more than any online "no fee" apartment rental website. See questions #1 and #2 above for more reasons why NoFeeRentDirect.com is worth every penny.
How do I know that you have the good apartments I want?
We let you see our listings before you pay the subscription charge so you'll know what you'll get. Just go to the home page and fill out your search details, and we'll show you every apartment vacancy we have in our database that matches your needs. The only thing we don't show is the address of the apartment and the landlord contact information until you join our service, but if you like what you see, you'll get all the addresses in a click of the mouse when you sign up.
At NoFeeRentDirect.com, we have business relationships going back 30 years with small, special landlords as well as with the big landlords. We have a full-time Listings Department who call almost 4,000 landlords who own over 6000 apartments in 130 neighborhoods every week to update vacancies and who will verify the accuracy of the apartment information. We pride ourselves in having the most current, reliable, and valuable listings of any NYC rental business.
I've never rented an apartment in New York before. Can you help me get organized?
When you join NoFeeRentDirect.com, we give you several tools that will make your apartment search as easy as possible:
- Our wonderful ebook, "The Essential Guide for Smart Renters" has tips about how to talk to a landlord, what to look for in an apartment inspection, sample forms to prepare ahead of time so you'll be ready to make a rental application, a glossary of all the rental words you'll run into in your search, and descriptions of every neighborhood NoFeeRentDirect.com covers so you can get to know the area.
- Your expert NoFeeRentDirect Advisor can help tailor your search so you can focus on just the apartments that will suit you and your budget and is available to explain anything that you don't understand about New York landlords.
- We have a full-time Customer Support Department who will answer your questions and e-mails as well as help you modify your search at any time.
- You'll have access to the online "Guide for Renting an Apartment" filled with tips to help you be successful.
- Each vacancy listing includes photos, subway maps, and stuff that will help you decide which apartments are the most convenient and/or suitable for you.
Can you guarantee that I will find an apartment?
NoFeeRentDirect.com is the largest source of no-fee rental apartments in the New York metro area and most of our members find their new home in about two weeks after subscribing. Your membership is good until you find an apartment: for example, are you a student with no income? Do you have a bad credit history? Do you have a big dog? Do you have several roommates? That's why we have expert NoFeeRentDirect Advisors and a Customer Support Department who can help you with your search strategy, and why we offer our ebook, "The Essential Guide for Smart Renters", and why we have the online "Guide for Renting an Apartment" filled with tips to help you be successful.
However, your success is totally up to you. NoFeeRentDirect.com doesn't own any of the apartments we list so we do not control a landlord's decision about your application to rent an apartment. No one, not even a Broker, can guarantee that you will be able to find the apartment of your dreams.
Still have more questions? Feel free to contact us or read our Complete Frequently Asked Question Section.